Funerals can be hard, both emotionally and financially. The average cost of a funeral can be anywhere from $7,000-$12,000, which includes expenses like:
- The Viewing and Burial
- Service Fees for the Funeral Home
- Transporting Remains
- Casket Costs
If you opt for cremation, this can cost an upwards of $6,000-$7,000 as well. When a loved one dies, it can be especially painful, and grievers are often forced to make quick financial decisions that they may not immediately be prepared for. Most Americans do not have $6,000 laying around for a funeral in case of emergency, which can often lead to even more stress after a loved one passes on.
If you are not financially prepared for a funeral, one of the potential options is to use a car title loan to cover the funeral costs in an emergency. As a loan designed to streamline the approval process, borrowers that qualify for a ChoiceCash Title Loan may be able to get their emergency funeral funds in as little as one business day.1
How Can I Use My Car to Get Funding for Funeral Expenses?
If you are not already familiar with how an alternative loan like a title loan works, they are simple to understand. Title loans like a ChoiceCash Title Loan are a unique way to use the equity in your vehicle to get funding. If you have a paid off or close to paid off vehicle, this can be an excellent financial resource to use when you are struggling to cover the funeral costs for a loved one.
CALL OUR TEAM
A title loan is secured through using collateral, which is the title to your vehicle. In order to know if your vehicle will qualify, it must:
- Have a Certain Amount of Equity
- Have the Title be In Your Own Name
Collateral for a loan is a form of security to your lender then you will have the ability to repay the loan through scheduled monthly payments. A title loan can be anywhere from 25%-75% of your vehicle’s equity, which can often cover the expenses you need the loan for.
Plan For the Expenses You Need, Not the Ones you Don’t
Planning a funeral can be a stressful enough process, but often you will be sold items you might not necessarily need. To put your loan to good use, avoid paying for items that are just fluff packages that aren’t necessary. Be sure to:
- Compare Prices Between Funeral Homes
- Ask for A Pricing List For The Items You Are Interest In
- Don’t Spend When You’re Feeling Emotional
- Shop in As Much Advance as You Can
What are the Title Loan Requirements for a ChoiceCash Title Loan?
In addition to having a paid off or almost paid off car, there are a few more requirements that borrowers will need to meet ahead of time before they apply for a loan. While these requirements may change from state to state, borrowers of a ChoiceCash Title Loans will need to meet these:
- Borrowers Must Have Proof of Income or Alternative Income
- Borrowers Must Be At Least 18 Years of Age or Older
- Borrowers Must Have a Title in Their Name
- Vehicle Must Have Equity
How to Apply for a Title Loan When You Need Emergency Funding for a Funeral
When you’re struggling financially after a loss, the last thing you need is more stress during the loan inquiry process. With ChoiceCash Title Loans, borrowers have access to an easy and convenient three step process to help them get the loan they need:
- Go Online: With ChoiceCash Loans, you’ll be able to fill out a simple online form that can be done in a few minutes.1 This form can help prequalify a borrower for the next steps in the loan process!
- Submit the Required Documents: In addition to submitting a loan inquiry, there are a few documents that borrowers must submit to get approved:
- Proof of Income or Alternative Income
- Proof of Residence
- Government or State Issued Photo ID
- Title to the Vehicle in Your Name
- Recent Photos of the Vehicle
For your convenience, these documents can all be submitted online via email or fax to a loan representative!1
- Get Your Funding: After submitting all the required items,the last step is to get approved and get your funds. Qualified borrowers can choose between a couple different ways to get their funeral funding:
- Check in the Mail
- Direct Deposit
- Any Local MoneyGram Near You
Have Questions? Get the Answers
If you have any other questions about how to get your emergency funding, some of the resources you have are to:
- Contact a ChoiceCash Title Loan representative directly at 1(855)277-4847 toll free.
- Go online and fill out a prequalifying questionnaire.
- Check out this helpful video about title loans and funerals.