Across the United States, car title loans are a popular type of alternative funding that allows a borrower to use their vehicle’s title to secure cash. While the requirements from state to state may vary, there is one requirement that stays the same- the vehicle title must be in the borrower’s name at the time they apply.
So, is there any way to get a car title loan without the title? While the answer is no, there is another option to consider- the helpful ChoiceCash Title Loan agents! When you place an inquiry for a title loan, if your car title is missing or is not currently in your name, the loan agents can walk you through the process to get it right.
What are the Steps to Get a Car Title Loan Without the Title?
If you have a vehicle but the title is not currently in your name, you are often ineligible to get cash from a title loan. With a car title loan, your vehicle’s title is used to secure funding, and is collateral for the loan. If the collateral is not in your name, it is not legally yours to use.
Fortunately, the process to get your vehicle’s title in your name is not as complicated as you might think:
- Give a Loan Agent a Call: An agent can be reached seven days a week at (855) 914-2945. During this call, a loan agent can start the inquiry process for you, or give you the rundown on the title transfer process.
- Visit Your Local DMV: Whether your state has a Bureau of Motor Vehicles or a Department of Motor Vehicles, this is the spot to get it fixed. You will be asked to fill out a title transfer form if the title is not in your name. If your title is missing, a duplicate title can be ordered if you have the right paperwork present.
- Bring the Right Paperwork: A loan agent will tell you that these options require some paperwork on your end. Both options may require a small fee, and cash is preferred, but credit/debit is also accepted in some cases. You will need to bring your vehicle’s registration, title, and your driver’s license in some cases.
While you may not be able to get a car title loan without the title, you can complete these steps to get your title in shape for a loan. Once your vehicle’s title has been duplicated or it is now in your name, you are well on your way to qualify for the cash you need!1
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Car Title Loan Without the Title?
If you are looking to get an auto title loan without the title, you may have found that the title is the key piece in the approval process. There are a few other documents that a loan agent will ask for to speed the approval process along:
- Proof of Income: Bank Statements, Pay Stubs, or A Form of Alternative/Government Income is Required
- Proof of Address: Recent Mail like Utility Bills and Credit Card Statements Can Be Usedto Prove Your Residence
- Government or State Issued ID: A Driver’s License, Passport, or Another State-Issued ID Will Qualify
- Recent Photos of the Car: Bypass an In-Person Inspection by Taking Photos of the Back, Front, and Sides of the Vehicle, As Well as the Odometer
Luckily, these documents can be submitted through email or fax for your convenience with ChoiceCash Title Loans!
What are the Other Requirements to Get an Auto Title Loan with No Title?
A few documents are needed to begin the inquiry process, but there are a few requirements that need to be met initially. Luckily, these requirements can be simple and straightforward!
To inquire for a ChoiceCash Title Loan, a borrower needs to have these requirements under their belt:
- A Car Title to a Qualifying in their Name
- A Steady Income and Ability to Afford a Loan Payment
- Be At Least 18 Years of Age or Older
You do not need to hold a 9-5 job to apply for a car title loan, but a steady income is required to inquire! Whether it be SSI, retirement, or other form of alternative government income, it can potentially qualify. With a car title to a qualifying vehicle and your income established, you can go ahead and start the approval process online.
Not sure if your income or vehicle will qualify for an auto title loan with no title? Let the experts at ChoiceCash Title help! Use the online title loan calculator to get a free title loan quote and vehicle equity estimate with no strings attached.1
Is It Possible to Get a Car Title Loan Without the Title if I Still Owe on the Car?
With a car title loan, your eligibility is based upon the available equity in the car, not the number of payments you have left on your car. You can still qualify for a car title loan if you have a few payments left to make on your car!
With loan options like ChoiceCash Title Loans, the approval process is flexible.1 Equity is based upon the market value of the car and how much you owe on it. It is possible to have enough positive equity for a car title loan- even if you still owe on the car!1
Are there Benefits to an Auto Equity Loan with No Title?
Take a look at some of the benefits you can take advantage of after receiving approval for a ChoiceCash Title Loan:
- Fast Approval: If you’re faced with a financial emergency, you don’t have time to waste. Luckily, qualified borrowers can get their cash in as little as 24 hours through ChoiceCash Title Loans!1
- More Time to Pay: While some loan options are short-term, a title loan can have longer loan terms if you need them!1 There are no prepayment penalties to pay early either.
- Competitive Interest Rates1:Title loans are secured loans, and the interest rates can be much more competitive in comparison to other cash loan options.1
Inquire for a Car Title Loan Without the Title Online Today
If you are missing your car’s title or it is not currently in your name, you may be looking to get a car title loan without the title. But, the experts at ChoiceCash Title Loans are here to help you get your title in the right shape to apply for a title loan today.