CAN YOU GET TITLE LOANS IN OHIO?
As a resident of Ohio who needs emergency cash assistance, you might be wondering what loan options are available to you and whether or not title loans are allowed in Ohio.
Title loans in Ohio can be an option for individuals who need fast cash to handle unexpected expenses! Car title loans, otherwise known as pink slip loans or U.S. auto title loans, are designed to be streamlined and straightforward in order to cater to individuals experiencing financial emergencies.1
While it is possible to apply for title loans as a resident of the Buckeye State, you will not be able to get title loans with instant approval in Ohio. The application process is simple, but there are a few steps involved that prevent you from obtaining approval instantaneously! Additionally, in order to obtain approval for this type of secured loan option, you must meet the initial title loan requirements in Ohio, which include the following:1
- Age Requirement: The title loan laws in Ohio dictate that individuals applying for a loan must be of legal age. According to the United States Census Bureau, over 78% of the population in Ohio is of legal age and would be able to apply for a title loan.
- Vehicle Requirement: A title loan applicant in Ohio must have a qualifying car title in their name and a vehicle with a reasonable amount of positive equity. Positive equity refers to when the market value of a car is greater than the amount an individual owes on it. Finding out if your vehicle has enough positive equity to qualify as collateral for a title loan can be tough, but with ChoiceCash’s online title loan calculator, it can be simple! Just answer a few questions about your vehicle to get an equity estimate and a loan quote with absolutely no obligation.1
- Income Requirement: Proof of income is required during an Ohio title loan application in order for a title lender to verify your ability to repay the loan. This information is important to a title loan lender for a few different reasons, including the fact that your loan amount and eligibility will be based on the value of your vehicle and your income. Your vehicle will be examined during the application process in order for a title loan officer to determine its condition and overall value. While it is not possible to find a lender who offers title loans with no inspection in Ohio, you can skip the inconvenience of a physical examination when applying for a ChoiceCash title loan serviced by LoanMart online.1
On top of meeting these initial title loan requirements, when you are applying for an Ohio title loan, you can expect to need the following documents to verify your income, personal information, and the value of your vehicle:1
- Evidence of Your Ability to Repay the Loan Through Recent Bank Statements, Pay Stubs, or Another Qualifying Document
- Photographs of the Interior and Exterior of Your Vehicle, Odometer Reading, and VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to Complete a Virtual Inspection
- Completion of an Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles Power of Attorney Form, Sign it in the Presence of a Notary Public, and Have the Form Notarized
- Proof of Address Through Recent Utility Bills, Credit Card Statements, Mortgage Statements, or a Recent Lease Agreement
- Proof of Identification and Age Verification Through a Valid, Government-Issued Photo Identification Card, Such as an Ohio Driver’s License or a U.S. Passport
When applying for a ChoiceCash title loan serviced by LoanMart, you can submit the necessary documents online or conveniently send them over to a title loan officer via email or text message.
If you are searching for fast funding, you can call 855-422-7402 to speak directly to a ChoiceCash title loan agent or fill out a quick prequalification form online to find out if you are pre-approved for funding today instantly! Keep reading to learn more about applying for online title loans in Ohio.1
HOW DO TITLE LOANS WORK IN OHIO?
Title loans in Ohio usually cater to individuals from all different kinds of credit backgrounds. Since title loans are secured loans, the approval process is flexible, and many residents of Ohio can take advantage of this convenient title loan application if they meet the initial requirements and provide the proper documentation to verify their information!1
With a title loan, you are required to pledge your vehicle title as collateral for the loan, but you are still allowed to maintain access to your car or truck throughout the repayment process. A title lender will add a lien to your car’s title after the loan is funded and you have signed your electronic loan agreement. You’ll be expected to honor the contract you signed, which means that you must keep up with your monthly payments if you want to maintain access to your car and avoid repossession.
As mentioned above, the amount that you can borrow through a title loan will primarily depend on your income and the value of the vehicle that you intend to use as collateral for the loan. Depending on your income, you can potentially access anywhere from 25%-50% of your vehicle’s value through an Ohio title loan!1
CAN YOU GET TITLE LOANS WITH BAD CREDIT IN OHIO?
Unlike traditional bank loans, where approval is almost solely based on your credit history and income, title loans are different and cater to individuals from diverse financial backgrounds. The two most important factors during a title loan application are the following:
- The Value of the Collateral
- The Applicant’s Ability to Repay the Loan
While your credit history is reviewed by a title lender during your loan request, it isn’t the primary focus of your application. Instead, the factors mentioned above will carry the most weight in terms of your eligibility! Getting title loans with bad credit in Ohio is possible, but you will typically not be able to skip a credit check.
Finding a lender who offers title loans with no credit check in Ohio will be unlikely because many lenders prefer to thoroughly review your financial history before you can obtain loan approval. A credit check allows a lender to review your credit report and determine whether or not you are capable of handling a new debt obligation, such as a title loan.
Even if you have bad credit, know that you may still be able to qualify for the emergency cash you need through a car title loan. Whether you are applying for a title loan in Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, or another city in Ohio, the application process can be simple. Call ChoiceCash at 855-422-7402 or complete a short online questionnaire to apply for bad credit title loans in Ohio!1
WHERE CAN I APPLY FOR INSTANT ONLINE TITLE LOANS IN OHIO?
Before you can learn more about where to apply for the financial help you need, it is important to understand that it will be challenging for you to find instant online title loans in Ohio. As mentioned earlier, the application process does not operate that quickly!
A credit check, vehicle examination, and document verification process impact your eligibility for a title loan and are essential to a title loan application. Although your title loan agent will work quickly and be mindful of your financial situation, these processes cannot be completed instantly!
Here’s a closer look at the streamlined, 3-step application process for a ChoiceCash title loan in Ohio:
- Choose How to Apply: You can begin your application online or over the phone when applying for a title loan with no store visit in Ohio. To get started online, simply fill out a short questionnaire and instantly find out if you are prequalified for an online title loan in Ohio. If you prefer to speak with someone over the phone, go ahead and dial 855-422-7402 to get in touch with a title loan officer and submit your initial loan inquiry. ChoiceCash title loan representatives are available six days a week for extended hours to walk you through your loan request!
- Submit Your Documents: Upon initial approval, you can either submit the necessary documents and vehicle photographs online or choose to send them to a title loan agent through email or text message.1
- Decide How to Receive Your Funding: Once your documents have been reviewed and verified for completeness, you’ll be able to find out if you are finally approved for an Ohio title loan! You can then decide how to receive your funds and sign your electronic loan contract.1
That’s how simple it can be to apply for an online title loan in Ohio! If you’re ready to get started, call 855-422-7402 to discuss your options with a ChoiceCash title loan agent, or fill out the online prequalification form today. Unlock cash with your car title today through a title loan with no store visit in Ohio!1
HOW CAN I GET TITLE LOANS WITH DIRECT DEPOSIT IN OHIO?
There are 2,749 commercial bank branches in the state of Ohio. Direct deposit is a convenient and efficient electronic payment method that allows an employer, government agency, or financial institution to transfer funds directly into an individual’s bank account. If you are searching for title loans with direct deposit in Ohio, you don’t have to look further than ChoiceCash title loans!1
If you receive final approval for a ChoiceCash title loan serviced by LoanMart, you can choose direct deposit to receive your loan proceeds in as little as 24 hours. Additionally, if you prefer, you can have your funds added to a debit card or simply pick up your cash at any participating money transfer location in Ohio.1
How Can I Pay for My Car Title Loan in Person?
Pay for your car title loan at any MoneyGram location in Ohio. MoneyGram is often located in convenient public stores such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, or CVS. Call 855-422-7402 to discuss your options with a loan expert, or see the map and location list below to see where your nearest MoneyGram is located:
For the sake of convenience for Ohio customers, below is a map and list of just a few locations in the area, with many more statewide locations found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Online Title Loans Work in Ohio?
You can use your car as collateral to secure an online title loan. A lien is placed on your title after the loan is complete, but you can continue to drive your vehicle during the repayment process. There’s no store visit required to apply for an online title loan in Ohio.
What Do I Need to Get a Title Loan in Ohio?
To get a title loan in Ohio, you will need a car title in your name and proof of income. Additionally, you must be at least 18 years of age or older to apply for a car title loan in Ohio.
Will I Lose My Car if I Qualify for a Car Title Loan in Ohio?
A lien is placed on your car title after the loan is complete. If you default on the loan, your vehicle could be repossessed. However, if you pay on time each month, you can continue to drive your vehicle during the repayment process.
Will a Title Loan in Ohio Affect My Credit Score?
If you default on a title loan in Ohio, that can negatively affect your credit score. Make sure to pay on time each month or set up automatic payments if you are forgetful.
Is a Vehicle Inspection Required to Apply for a Title Loan in Ohio?
A physical vehicle inspection is not necessary to apply for a ChoiceCash title loan online in Ohio. Instead, you can submit a few photos of your car and the required documents during your loan application.
Ohio - Key Financial and Indebtedness Figures
The figures below are intended for informational and educational purposes to allow consumers to compare their financial situation to others in Ohio. Empowered with this data, we hope you can make a sound decision to solve your financial needs - if you decide that a title loan is a potential option, we’d be thrilled to assist you.
|Average credit score (VantageScore®)||695|
|Average FICO® score||715|
|Average student loan debt||$34,721|
|Average credit card debt||$5,560|
|Average monthly car loan payment||$453 (Lease) $500 (Loan)|
|Share of households that rent||34.0%|
|Median gross rent||$870|
|Median value of owner-occupied housing units||$159,900|
|Median monthly owner costs - with a mortgage||$1,338|
|Median monthly owner costs||$504|
|Number of bank branches||2,749|
|Median household income||$61,938|
|Per capita income||$34,526|
|Average ChoiceCash title loan amount||3,112|
What Locations in Ohio Can I Get a ChoiceCash Title Loan in?
ChoiceCash is proud to service residents all over Ohio including metro areas . Call 855-422-7402 to discuss your options with a loan expert. If you are looking to pay back your title loan in person, check out the city list below to see where your MoneyGram locations near Title Loans Ohio: