ARE TITLE LOANS ALLOWED IN OHIO?
Yes! If you have a title to a qualifying car in your name and proof of a steady income, you can apply for a title loan in Ohio.
Apply for a ChoiceCash title loan today by taking advantage of a flexible and online approval process! If you qualify, you could obtain the funds you need for an unexpected expense in as little as one business day.1 Call 855-422-7402 to learn more, or visit the FAQ page.
WHAT ARE CAR TITLE LOANS IN OHIO?
With a car title loan in Ohio, you can access a percentage of your car’s value by using the title as collateral for the loan. Since collateral is used to secure the loan, the approval process can be flexible even if you do not have a strong credit history!1
Title loans are a type of secured loan. A lien is placed on your car title by the title lender once the loan is complete. The lien allows the title lender to repossess the car if you default on the loan. If your car is repossessed and you do not catch up with your payments, the title lender can sell the car at auction to cover the outstanding loan balance. But you can still drive your car during the repayment process as long as you pay on time each month. Once the loan is completely paid off, the lien is removed!
However, it’s important to note that your vehicle must have a decent amount of positive equity to qualify as collateral for a car title loan in Ohio. A title lender will primarily use your car’s value and your income to determine your loan amount and eligibility.1 That’s why vehicle equity is an integral part of the approval process for a title loan.
If you don’t know your car’s current equity, that’s okay! ChoiceCash has an online calculator tool available for title loan borrowers to quickly obtain an estimate and a loan quote, free of obligation.1
Simply provide the following details to get started:
- Vehicle Manufacture Year
- The Make, Model, and Style of Your Car
- The Current Odometer Reading on the Car
Applying for title loans in Ohio does not need to be a hassle. With ChoiceCash title loans serviced by LoanMart, it doesn’t have to be! Speak with a ChoiceCash title loan agent by calling 855-422-7402 to see if your vehicle will qualify as collateral!1
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR AN AUTO TITLE LOAN IN OHIO?
Car title loans can be flexible and convenient to apply for, even if you have bad credit! You will need to meet the following initial requirements to see if you can obtain funding through title loans in Ohio:1
- Have a Title to a Qualifying Car in Your Name
- Demonstrate the Ability to Pay Off Ohio Car Title Loans
- Be the Legal Age to Apply for a Title Loan in Ohio
The initial qualifications for a title loan can be simple and straightforward!
The poverty rate in Ohio is over 13%. So if you are in that demographic and need to get back on your feet, you could apply for the financial help you need through an auto title loan! It can take just a few minutes to get through the approval process and as little as 24 hours to obtain quick funding if you qualify.1
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO GET A CAR TITLE LOAN IN OHIO?
In addition to meeting the initial requirements for an Ohio title loan, you must submit some documents to qualify for funding. These documents can help ChoiceCash title loan agents verify your information and speed up the application process!1 So, if you’re applying for an auto title loan, gather your paperwork ahead of time!
Typically, you can expect to submit the following documents during the inquiry process for title loans in Ohio:
- A Car Title in Your Name: The vehicle title must be in your name at the time of your inquiry. If there is an issue with your title, notify a ChoiceCash title loan representative by calling 855-422-7402 to discuss your options. If you lost or misplaced the title, you can request a duplicate title to replace the original at your local Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). Be aware that if you are still making payments on your vehicle, the title lender may ask you to complete and sign a form authorizing them to pay off your existing loan. Additionally, you may need to complete an Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles Power of Attorney form to qualify for a car title loan. Simply sign it in the presence of a notary public and have the form notarized.
- Proof of Income or Alternative Income: You do not need a specific type of job to qualify for a title loan, but you will need to provide proof that you can repay the loan. You could use various types of income to prove your ability to pay off a car title loan, such as workers’ compensation, pay stubs, tax returns, bank statements, Social Security / Supplemental Security Income, pension income, settlement income, etc.1
- Recent Photos of Your Vehicle: A car inspection is required to verify your car’s current value and condition. Fortunately, with ChoiceCash title loans, you could complete a vehicle inspection from the comfort of your home! Simply use your smartphone to take clear and visible photos of all sides of the car, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and the odometer reading. After you have the images ready, you could text them directly to a title loan representative!
- Proof of Ohio Address: To apply for quick auto title loans in Ohio, you will need to provide proof of your current Ohio address. Some applicants will submit recent mail to prove their current address, such as credit card statements, utility bills, mortgage statements, etc.
- Proof of Valid, Government-Issued Identification: During your title loan application, you must submit a valid, government or state-issued photo ID. You could show your driver’s license, passport, or other certified state identification cards.
With ChoiceCash title loans in Ohio, you can submit these documents online during your application! Just use a computer or laptop with internet access to upload your paperwork. If you meet the initial qualifications and submit the right documents, you can look forward to a hassle-free application process.1
DO I NEED GOOD CREDIT TO QUALIFY FOR A TITLE LOAN IN OHIO?
Not necessarily. You could still qualify for title loans in Ohio even if you have a bad credit score. Typically, you will not qualify for a traditional loan without a decent credit score. If you do qualify for an unsecured loan with bad credit, you may face high interest rates that are tough to deal with.
With ChoiceCash title loans in Ohio, your credit history is considered, but it isn’t the focal point of the approval process. Additionally, with ChoiceCash title loans, you can take advantage of competitive interest rates and no hidden fees!1
The two primary factors that are used to determine your eligibility for a title loan are:
- The Amount of Equity in Your Vehicle
- Your Ability to Repay the Loan
It’s important to note that while you can still apply for a title loan with bad credit, a credit check is a part of the application process. As long as you have a vehicle title in your name and proof of income, you may still be able to qualify for a ChoiceCash title loan in Ohio with bad credit! So, why wait to see if you qualify for the financial help you need?1
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AUTO TITLE LOANS IN OHIO?
Ohio residents can potentially benefit from online title loans in several ways. With ChoiceCash title loans, there are additional perks to take advantage of that can add to your overall loan experience.1
Take a look at some benefits you could expect if you qualify for ChoiceCash title loans in Ohio:1
- Payments That May Decrease2
- Quick Funding1
- No Prepayment Penalties
- Keep Driving Your Vehicle
- Excellent Customer Service
Title loans can offer an applicant many benefits, including a flexible approval process, a quick way to access money, and more! With ChoiceCash title loans, you can expect a streamlined application process. If you qualify, you could get your money as soon as the next business day!1
HOW DO I APPLY FOR FAST CAR TITLE LOANS IN OHIO?
Most residents in Ohio enjoy the convenience of online shopping. So why not apply for a title loan online? That can be the most convenient way to find out if you qualify for the funds you need!1
ChoiceCash title loans serviced by LoanMart can offer applicants a quick and flexible inquiry process that can be completed in just three steps:1
- Submit a Short Prequalification Form Online or Over the Phone
- Upload Your Required Documents
- Get Your Money if You Qualify!1
Qualified borrowers in Ohio can choose between a few different ways to collect their money:
- Direct Deposit to a Bank Account
- Receive a Check in the Mail
- Pick Up the Funds at a Participating Money Transfer Location in Ohio
- Have the Funds Added to a Debit Card
Go online or dial 855-422-7402 to start the approval process for a ChoiceCash title loan in Ohio today. Eligible borrowers could get their cash in as little as 24 hours!1
How Can I Pay for My Car Title Loan in Person?
Pay for your car title loan at any MoneyGram location in Ohio. MoneyGram is often located in convenient public stores such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, or CVS. Call 855-422-7402 to discuss your options with a loan expert, or see the map and location list below to see where your nearest MoneyGram is located:
For the sake of convenience for Ohio customers, below is a map and list of just a few locations in the area, with many more statewide locations found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Online Title Loans Work in Ohio?
You can use your car as collateral to secure an online title loan. A lien is placed on your title after the loan is complete, but you can continue to drive your vehicle during the repayment process. There’s no store visit required to apply for an online title loan in Ohio.
What Do I Need to Get a Title Loan in Ohio?
To get a title loan in Ohio, you will need a car title in your name and proof of income. Additionally, you must be at least 18 years of age or older to apply for a car title loan in Ohio.
Will I Lose My Car if I Qualify for a Car Title Loan in Ohio?
A lien is placed on your car title after the loan is complete. If you default on the loan, your vehicle could be repossessed. However, if you pay on time each month, you can continue to drive your vehicle during the repayment process.
Will a Title Loan in Ohio Affect My Credit Score?
If you default on a title loan in Ohio, that can negatively affect your credit score. Make sure to pay on time each month or set up automatic payments if you are forgetful.
Is a Vehicle Inspection Required to Apply for a Title Loan in Ohio?
A physical vehicle inspection is not necessary to apply for a ChoiceCash title loan online in Ohio. Instead, you can submit a few photos of your car and the required documents during your loan application.
Ohio - Key Financial and Indebtedness Figures
The below table provides some of the key income, loan, and financial statistics for Ohio, which are intended to give you a better understanding of how your financial circumstances compare to other Ohio residents. With this information in hand, we hope you gain a better idea of your financial options so you can decide if completing a title loan application is the right decision for you:
|Average credit score (VantageScore®)||695|
|Average FICO® score||715|
|Average student loan debt||$34,721|
|Average credit card debt||$5,560|
|Average monthly car loan payment||$453 (Lease) $500 (Loan)|
|Share of households that rent||34.0%|
|Median gross rent||$870|
|Median value of owner-occupied housing units||$159,900|
|Median monthly owner costs - with a mortgage||$1,338|
|Median monthly owner costs||$504|
|Number of bank branches||2,890|
|Median household income||$61,938|
|Per capita income||$34,256|
|Average ChoiceCash title loan amount||$3,112|
What Locations in Ohio Can I Get a ChoiceCash Title Loan in?
ChoiceCash is proud to service residents all over Ohio including metro areas . Call 855-422-7402 to discuss your options with a loan expert. If you are looking to pay back your title loan in person, check out the city list below to see where your MoneyGram locations near Title Loans Ohio: