ARE CAR TITLE LOANS ALLOWED IN MINNESOTA?
Car title loans are allowed in Minnesota, but a resident of the North Star State must meet the lender’s application criteria and provide the necessary documentation during their loan inquiry in order to obtain loan approval.1
While the exact application criteria for a vehicle-secured loan can vary depending on the lender you decide to work with, the title loan requirements in Minnesota typically include the following:1
- Age Requirement: The title loan laws in Minnesota require all title loan applicants to be of legal age. According to the United States Census Bureau, over 78% of the population in Minnesota is over the age of 18. Therefore, they can apply for a vehicle-secured loan option.1
- Vehicle Requirements: In addition to having a vehicle title in your name, your vehicle must have a qualifying amount of positive equity when applying for an online title loan in Minnesota. A vehicle will have positive equity when its market value exceeds what is currently owed on it. If you need a vehicle value estimate, simply fill out a short prequalification form online, and you can receive an estimate and a loan quote with no obligation!1
- Income Requirement: Applying for online title loans can be flexible, and you are not required to have proof of a traditional job in order to qualify for the financial help you need. But, you must have proof that you can repay the loan through a steady source of income or alternative income. Acceptable forms of alternative income include disability or pension income, worker’s compensation, and settlement income, for example.1
Now that you know more about the application criteria, you can keep reading to learn more about how title loans work in Minnesota and what you’ll need to get approved for fast emergency cash! With ChoiceCash auto title loans in Minnesota serviced by LoanMart, qualified borrowers can expect competitive interest rates, no hidden fees, and absolutely no prepayment penalties! Call 855-422-7402 to get started and access your funds in as little as one business day if you qualify for a Minnesota title loan.1
HOW DO TITLE LOANS WORK IN MINNESOTA?
The average resident of Minnesota is around $76,904 in debt. If you struggle to manage your debt because you live paycheck to paycheck, you are not alone! Whether you are searching for emergency cash to make ends meet or tackle a new home renovation, a title loan can be a helpful resource to consider.1
Applying for online title loans in Minnesota can be simple, and understanding how title loans work can be even simpler! With a car title loan, you are borrowing money against your car by pledging its title as collateral for the loan. Even though you are using your vehicle as collateral for emergency funding, driving your car throughout the repayment process will be possible, but you will be expected to keep up with your loan payments to maintain access to the collateral.
Similar to when you finance a car, a lien is added to your vehicle’s title by the title lender after the loan is complete. A lien is the lender’s legal right to your vehicle during the repayment process, and in order to avoid vehicle repossession, you must comply with the terms of your loan contract and make your monthly payments on time. That being said, if you are struggling at all with your title loan payments, make sure to reach out to your lender or loan servicer ASAP! Oftentimes, they are willing to work with you to help you avoid vehicle repossession if you reach out to them before you default on the loan.
The maximum title loan amount that you can obtain through a Minnesota title loan is primarily dependent on these two key factors:1
- Your Income
- The Amount of Equity in Your Vehicle
- The Maximum Loan Amount that a Title Lender Decides to Offer in your State
The more value your vehicle has, the more you can potentially access through a title loan in Minnesota! But, you must provide proof that you have the means to repay the money you intend to borrow. Depending on the market value of your vehicle and your ability to repay the loan, you could access up to $15,000 through a car title loan in Minnesota!1
Got any questions about applying for online title loans in Minnesota? Dial 855-422-7402 today to speak directly to a ChoiceCash title loan agent.1
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET TITLE LOANS WITH INSTANT APPROVAL IN MINNESOTA?
Whether you are applying for an online title loan in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Rochester, Duluth, or another metropolitan area of Minnesota, you must meet the aforementioned requirements to get approved for emergency funding. Additionally, specific documents will be requested by a title loan agent after you have completed your initial application online or over the phone!
The exact documents may change from state to state, but as a resident of Minnesota, you can expect to need the following paperwork on hand during your online loan request:1
- Recent Bank Statements, Pay Stubs, or Other Qualifying Documents to Prove Your Ability to Repay the Loan
- A MN Car Title in Your Name
- Recent Photos of Your Vehicle to Complete a Virtual Vehicle Inspection
- A Minnesota Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, or Another Valid, Government-Issued Photo ID Card
- A Completed Minnesota Notification of Assignment, Release, or Grant of Secured Interest Form
- Recent Utility Bills, Credit Card Offers, or Another Form of Official Mail to Verify Your Current Address in Minnesota
Although getting title loans with no inspection in Minnesota is out of the question, as mentioned above, it is possible to complete a virtual inspection when applying for a ChoiceCash title loan online.1
Your documents and vehicle photographs will be inspected and verified for completeness during the second step of your application. Since a real person will be verifying your documents, know that getting instant online title loans in Minnesota is impossible because title loan officers cannot be expected to work instantaneously! However, they will be mindful of your financial crisis and work with a sense of urgency. For your convenience, your documents can be quickly submitted online or sent through email or text message to a title loan agent. You don’t have to waste any time driving to a store! Since gas prices in Minnesota have fluctuated in recent years and the average resident of Minnesota spends around 26 minutes driving to work, staying home and saving money and time can be the ideal option.1
Complete a short prequalification form online or call 855-422-7402 to get more information about applying for ChoiceCash title loans online with no store visit in Minnesota!1
CAN I GET TITLE LOANS WITH BAD CREDIT IN MINNESOTA?
The average credit score in the state of Minnesota is 739, according to CNBC. But if you have a bad credit score, then you may have experienced roadblocks in the past when trying to apply for new credit. A low credit score indicates that you have low creditworthiness based on your previous ability to handle your payment obligations. As a result, lenders and credit card providers may be less likely to work with you, or they may offer you a loan or credit card at a higher interest rate.
While getting an unsecured personal loan will be challenging with a low credit score, a vehicle-secured loan can be much more flexible than an unsecured loan in terms of eligibility. Getting title loans with bad credit in Minnesota is possible, and title loans can cater to individuals with subprime credit!1
While having a bad credit score can affect many different aspects of your life, including your ability to get a new car, a house, or even a job, it doesn’t have to hold you back when applying for a title loan. Finding a car title lender who offers title loans with no credit check in Minnesota will be impossible, but that doesn’t mean you should shy away from applying for the financial help you need. With ChoiceCash title loans, if you can meet the necessary requirements and have the right paperwork on hand during your application, qualifying can be simple – even if you have a lower credit score!1
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF APPLYING FOR TITLE LOANS WITH DIRECT DEPOSIT IN MINNESOTA?
If you’re looking for the best place to get a title loan, you’re likely searching for a loan option that can offer benefits besides access to quick funding. Take a quick look at some of the benefits that come with qualifying for ChoiceCash car title loans in Minnesota:1
- Get Your Funds in as Little as 24 Hours: Applying for title loans with direct deposit in Minnesota is an option! If you are eligible for a ChoiceCash title loan serviced by LoanMart, you can choose to have your funds added to an existing debit card, pick up your cash at any participating money transfer location in Minnesota, or simply have your funds directly deposited into your bank account. You can access your emergency money in as little as one business day!1
- Experienced Title Loan Agents: If you have any questions about how title loans work, know that ChoiceCash title loan agents will have answers. Call 855-422-7402 if you want to learn more about applying for online title loans in Minnesota! You will reach an experienced and compassionate title loan officer who can walk you through your entire loan request.
- Competitive Interest Rates: Through ChoiceCash title loans in Minnesota, qualified borrowers can take advantage of competitive interest rates!1
Ready to apply for the fast funding you need to get back on your feet? While you cannot get title loans with instant approval in Minnesota, you can call 855-422-7402 today or complete a prequalification form online to find out if you are eligible for instant pre-approval!1
For the sake of convenience for Minnesota customers, below is a map and list of just a few locations in the area, with many more statewide locations found here.
Minnesota - Key Financial and Indebtedness Figures
The figures below are intended for informational and educational purposes to allow consumers to compare their financial situation to others in Minnesota. Empowered with this data, we hope you can make a sound decision to solve your financial needs - if you decide that a title loan is a potential option, we’d be thrilled to assist you.
|Average title loan amount with ChoiceCash
|Household income (median)
|Income per capita
|Gross rent (median)
|Value of housing units (median, owner-occupied)
|Monthly owner costs (median, with a mortgage)
|Monthly owner costs (median)
|Student loan indebtedness (average)
|Credit card indebtedness (average)
|Size of monthly car loan payment (average)
|$480 (Lease) | $515 (Loan)
|Percentage of households that rent
|FICO® credit score average
|VantageScore® credit score average
What Locations in Minnesota Can I Get a ChoiceCash Title Loan in?
ChoiceCash is proud to service residents all over Minnesota including metro areas . Call 855-422-7402 to discuss your options with a loan expert. If you are looking to pay back your title loan in person, check out the city list below to see where your MoneyGram locations near Title Loans Minnesota: