Louisiana is known for its magical cities and rich culture. Tourism is a large part of the economy. Unfortunately, for Louisiana natives, the magic often seems to run out. Most cities in Louisiana have limited job opportunities and minimal chance for advancement. This leaves many Louisiana residents in a financial deficit every month.
When experiencing financial difficulties, it can be challenging to try to find different avenues of relief. There are personal loans, credit limit increases, and title loans to consider. It can be challenging to decide which option is the best fit for you.
- Credit Limit Increase -When in a financial crisis, a credit limit increase may seem like the more practical option. You would be able to pay more of your bills and increasing your credit limit will decrease your credit utilization. For borrowers with compromising credit scores, receiving a credit limit increase can be challenging. Credit card companies typically analyze credit utilization and scores before approving a limit increase. So, if your utilization is high, a credit limit increase may not be a feasible option.
- Personal Loans – When inquiring about a personal loan, the borrower needs to have a desirable debt to income ratio. If you bring in $3,000 a month, but your debt obligations are $2,800 a month, your debt-to-income ratio will be seen as less desirable. If you fall into this category, it may be in your best interest to consider other loan options that are better suited to your financial needs.
- Title Loans – Title loans can be a great resource for borrowers with less than stellar credit and less than desirable debt-to-income ratios. This is because the primary qualification for a title loan is the equity a borrower may have in their vehicle and the ability to repay the loan.
A ChoiceCash Title Loan in Louisiana may be the right fit for your financial situation! Keep reading to learn more about title loans in Louisiana.
HOW DO TITLE LOANS WORK IN LOUISIANA?
Do you live in Louisiana, and you are experiencing an unforeseen financial hardship? Is there a gap between your monthly income and your monthly expenses? Title loans allow borrowers to leverage the title of their vehicle in exchange for emergency funds.
The borrower will follow the application process, and if approved, will then have a lien placed on their vehicle title. During the repayment process, the borrower is required to make timely monthly payments as agreed upon, but they can still drive their car during this process. Borrowers who fail to uphold their end of the contract by making timely payments run the risk of potentially losing their vehicle.
Before borrowers sign their contract for a title loan, typically, they are interested in knowing how much money they can potentially receive. Title loans are considered to be mid-sized loans. Most range anywhere between $1,000 – $5,000, but they can be more, depending on:
- Your State
- Your Income
- The Amount of Equity in Your Vehicle
If mid-sized loans are fitting for your financial situation, you may be wondering how you are going to repay the loan. Loan payments are comprised of the loan amount and the interest rate. Although credit scores are not the primary determinant in title loan approval, a borrower’s credit score may determine their interest rate. Each month, a borrower should be prepared to make the necessary payments.
Before applying for a title loan, take a minute and calculate your finances. Take out your pen and notepad and list your expenses for each month, rounding up to the nearest dollar. Then, record your monthly income. Make an honest assessment to determine if you can make your timely payments.
Once your payments are complete, the lien will be removed from your vehicle title. You will also be able to apply for a second title loan on that vehicle in the future.
CAN I GET A TITLE LOAN WITHOUT THE TITLE IN MY NAME?
Title loans are secured when the borrower allows the lender to place a lien on the car’s title. In the state of Louisiana, for the borrower to grant permission to title loan lenders, the borrower must have jurisdiction over the vehicle. This means that the title should be in your name at the time of inquiry. If it is not, a ChoiceCash Title Loan agent is happy to help you figure out how to take the next steps.
Have you received a vehicle from a relative? Has a friend gifted you with a car? In the eyes of the law, the vehicle belongs to whoever carries the title. In other words: a borrower cannot leverage a title they do not poses. If you believe receiving a title loan is the best fit for you, be sure the title of the vehicle is in your name.
If the vehicle’s title is not in your name, there is a way for you to still qualify. You will need to request a transfer of title from your local DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). Below are the documents you will need for the process.
- A valid government issued identification
- A certificate of title signed by the current owner
- A completed title transfer form
- Money for the transfer fee (Cash is preferred)
WILL MY VEHICLE QUALIFY FOR A TITLE LOAN IN LOUISIANA?
The value of a borrower’s vehicle in Louisiana will determine the amount of money they may potentially qualify for.1 The value of a vehicle is largely determined by the equity the owner has in it, and the market value of the vehicle. Vehicle equity is determined by the vehicle’s current market value compared to the amount still owed by the owner.
The more positive equity a vehicle has, the more value it will hold when applying for a title loan. If a borrower’s vehicle is worth more than the dollar amount still owed on it, then the borrower may potentially receive a greater amount of funding if their income supports it.1
The market value of a vehicle is determined by the level of demand it has on the consumer market. In other words: what is the amount a consumer is willing to pay a dealer for the vehicle in question. There are a few components that influence a vehicle’s market value.
- Make and Model – Some vehicles have a lot of popularity, even if they are not new. A few are the following makes include: Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Chevy Impala, and Nissan Altima. Popularity has a positive correlation with demand. If a borrower has a popular vehicle, they may potentially qualify for funding.1
- Year of Vehicle – It is widely understood that vehicles depreciate every year. Due to the natural depreciation formula, older vehicles are not in high demand on the consumer market. However, vehicles that are older may still qualify for a title loan.1
- Mileage – Consumers who purchase used vehicles want something reliable with minimal mileage. Low mileage vehicles have the implications of lower maintenance in the future, which is valuable to those purchasing used vehicles.
If you are unsure if your vehicle meets the qualifications for a title loan, please click here to get an estimate on your vehicle.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF QUALIFYING FOR A TITLE LOAN IN LOUISIANA?
Borrowers who require immediate funding may wonder what the benefits of are receiving a ChoiceCash Title Loan in Louisiana, serviced by LoanMart. Title loans, serviced by LoanMart have benefits that cannot be found elsewhere. Borrowers looking for a simple and easily comprehensible loan process will greatly benefit from the advantages of ChoiceCash Title Loans. Below are a few benefits:
- Quick Funding1 – The idea behind title loans in Louisiana is for borrowers to be able to leverage their vehicle in exchange for emergency funds. An emergency constitutes a sense of urgency and timely execution. Many borrowers who require emergency assistance do not have ample time to wait for relief. Borrowers are mostly impressed by the sense of urgency when applying through ChoiceCash Title Loans, serviced by LoanMart.
- You Get to Keep Your Vehicle – When placing something up as collateral, it is traditionally understood that the piece of leverage is unavailable to the borrower until the debt is paid. Most borrowers need their vehicle to get to and from work, and to run day-to-day errands. With ChoiceCash Title Loans serviced by LoanMart, borrowers can continue driving their vehicle while paying off their debt. This privilege could potentially be taken away if a borrower neglects to make the agreed-upon payments.
- Personalized Payment Schedule – ChoiceCash Title Loans, serviced by LoanMart, can often accept borrowers from diverse financial backgrounds.1 Due to the diversity in financial standing, it becomes beneficial for borrowers to have a personalized repayment plan. Borrowers can speak with a loan representative to discuss their terms of repayment.
- Superior Customer Service – ChoiceCash Title Loans has customer service agents in place six days a week for extended hours to help potential borrowers during the loan process. If you are interested in inquiring about a title loan, please call 888-651-6765 and speak to a loan agent.
REASONS TO APPLY FOR A TITLE LOAN IN LOUISIANA
For several borrowers, title loans are the most reasonable option when in need of financial assistance. Below are some scenarios borrowers find themselves in when applying for title loans in Louisiana.
- Rent Payment – For most renters, rent increases every year, but their salary cannot compete with their raised expenses. Experiencing the effects of mass inflation, borrowers are often having difficulty paying their rent. Receiving a title loan could potentially help borrowers stay up to date with their living arrangements.
- Medical Expenses – Communities experiencing low income are also known to have higher illness rates. Low-income communities experience diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease at a disproportionate rate. As a result, medical bills can become unbearable. Receiving funds from a title loan can help ease some of the stress associated with high medical expenses.
- Day-to-Day Expenses – Most borrowers try to pay their utilities first, before purchasing items that cater to their basic needs. When that happens, borrowers often find themselves lacking necessities such as: groceries, gas, and even money for utilities. Receiving a title loan can help borrowers with daily expenses after they’ve expended their income by paying off bills.
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN APPLYING FOR A TITLE LOAN IN LOUISIANA
When applying for a title loan in Louisiana it is best to be exceptionally educated on how they work. Below are a few common questions borrowers ask before applying for a title loan in Louisiana.
- Will applying for a title loan affect my credit?
Just like with any loan application, a credit pull will take place. A hard inquiry is done.
- Where Can I apply for a title loan?
Borrowers are encouraged to apply online as it will make the process easier.
- How can I determine the worth of my vehicle?
Kelly Blue Book allows car owners to insert their vehicle information for an estimate of how much their car is worth.
- Does the Title of My Vehicle Need to be in My Name?
The title of a vehicle must be in the borrower’s name
- How much will I get from a title loan?
ChoiceCash Title Loans has a calculator that allows borrowers to insert their basic information to receive an estimate on the funds they may qualify for.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A TITLE LOAN IN LOUISIANA
Once you have done your due diligence to research the best loan options and understand the terms of conditions for title loans, you may see it fitting to apply for a title loan. The process is simple, and it can be completed in three easy steps.
Step 1: Inquire About a Title Loan
Borrowers can inquire about ChoiceCash Title Loans serviced through LoanMart through three different channels. Borrowers can call and speak to a customer service agent at 888-651-6765. Additionally, borrowers are encouraged to apply online from the comfort of their own homes.
Step 2: Apply for the Loan
Once borrowers follow the instructions during the inquiry process, they will know if they are preapproved. At that point, borrowers will decide if they want to continue with the official loan process. Once decided to proceed, borrowers will be asked to submit the below documents.
- Valid government-issued identification
- Vehicle Title
- Photos of vehicle
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Address
Step 3: Receive Funding1
Once your loan documents have been reviewed by a loan officer and you are approved, you will be able to discuss your preferred method of funding.
See if you can qualify for title loans in Louisiana today through ChoiceCash Title Loans! 1
HOW CAN I PICK UP MY CAR TITLE LOAN MONEY IN LOUISIANA IN PERSON?
Pick up your car title loan funding at any participating money transfer location in Louisiana.
How Can I Pay for My Car Title Loan in Person?
Pay for your car title loan at any MoneyGram location in Louisiana. MoneyGram is often located in convenient public stores such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, or CVS. Call 1-888-651-6765 to discuss your options with a loan expert, or see the map and location list below to see where your nearest MoneyGram is located:
For the sake of convenience for Louisiana customers, below is a map and list of just a few locations in the area, with many more statewide locations found here.
What Locations in Louisiana Can I Get a ChoiceCash Title Loan in?
ChoiceCash is proud to service residents all over Louisiana including metro areas . Call 1-888-651-6765 to discuss your options with a loan expert. If you are looking to pay back your title loan in person, check out the city list below to see where your MoneyGram locations near Title Loans Louisiana: