Is it Possible to Get Out of State Title Loans?
Yes, it is possible to get out of state title loans. If you want to apply for a title loan, but your car is not registered in the state that you are applying from, it’s important to know that you must provide proof of your current address and other pertinent documents during your application.
A title loan is a secured loan, so it can be flexible and convenient. Through a title loan, you can borrow against the current value of your car and access the emergency cash you need! You will be required to use your car’s title as collateral to secure the loan. If you have any questions about getting a loan for an out-of-state car, don’t hesitate to call 855-422-7402.
ChoiceCash title loan agents are available for extended hours 6 days a week to take your call! If you qualify for a ChoiceCash title loan serviced by LoanMart, you could choose direct deposit or have your funds added to a debit card to get your loan proceeds in as little as one business day.1
How Can I Get a Title Loan in a Different State?
You might be wondering, “How can I get a title loan in a different state?” Applying for a title loan with an out-of-state title can seem complicated, but it is still possible.
In some cases, if you need a title loan and you have an out-of-state title, the title lender may be able to register the vehicle on your behalf and help you transfer your car’s title. Some title lenders can offer registration services to prospective borrowers, which means they will handle a portion of the registration process for you. If you are not familiar with the registration / title transfer process in your state or do not have the time to handle it yourself, this can be helpful.
You should contact the lender directly to find out if the lender can register your title on your behalf, or assist you with the title transfer process. Just give them a call and ask about their policies to learn more about getting a loan for an out of state car.
If you have found a title lender who is willing and able to work with you, the process to get a title loan in a different state is simple.
- Choose How to Apply: To apply for a car title loan, you will need to submit an application online, in person, or over the phone. You will be required to fill out a short questionnaire and provide a little bit of background information about your car and yourself.
- Submit the Right Documents: If you are prequalified, the next step is to submit a few documents to verify the information you provided on your initial inquiry form. If you are applying for a title loan with an out-of-state title, you will need to provide proof of address in the state you currently live in. Other relevant documents will be required during the application process, but typically, they can be conveniently uploaded to the website during your inquiry if you apply online.
- Find Out if You Qualify and Sign Your Loan Agreement: If you are qualified for an online title loan, the last step of the application process is to sign your loan agreement and obtain your loan proceeds! During this step, you can discuss your loan terms and repayment options with a title loan agent.
It can be that simple to apply for the financial help you need – even if you have an out-of-state title! If you have any questions about the application process for out of state title loans, you can visit ChoiceCash’s FAQ page. Or, just give us a call at 855-422-7402.
What Does it Mean to Have an Out Of State Title?
If you’ve recently relocated from one state to another, you may have an out-of-state title. Depending on your new state of residence, you may be required to register your vehicle and transfer the title to your car with your state. Fortunately, most states will give you a grace period (usually 30 days) to register your vehicle if you are bringing it from out of state. Moving is stressful, so registering your vehicle and transferring your car title may not be at the top of your list – but it is important to comply with your state’s laws and get it done!
In simple terms, if your vehicle has an out-of-state title, it means that it was issued by a different state than your current state of residence. For example, if you moved from Louisiana to Illinois, but your title and registration were issued in Louisiana, you will have an out-of-state title. If you move to a new state, you may be required to transfer the car title and register your vehicle in that state.
It is important to make sure that you understand the requirements and procedures involved with transferring the title and registering your vehicle in your new state of residence. You can learn more about the registration and title transfer process by visiting the website of your state’s respective Department of Motor Vehicles. On the website, you will be able to view the documents you will need to complete the registration / title transfer process. In some states, you may be required to undergo a vehicle inspection before the title transfer can be completed.
What Documents Do I Need to Get Out of State Title Loans?
In order to obtain out of state title loans, an applicant is required to provide a couple of documents to proceed with the remainder of the application. Getting a loan with an out-of-state car doesn’t have to be complicated, but an applicant must verify their information during the approval process.
Generally, an applicant must upload these documents during the title loan application process:1
- A Car Title in the Applicant’s Name: Although it is possible to get a title loan with an out-of-state title, the car title will need to be in the applicant’s name at the time of the application. If the title was misplaced or stolen, a prospective borrower could apply for a duplicate title at the appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles or equivalent in their state.
- Proof of Residence: The title lender will ask you to provide proof of address during your application. This is usually recent mail (dated within the previous thirty days) with your name and physical address listed on it. Many lenders will accept recent utility bills, such as gas or electricity billing statements. Or, you can provide credit card statements, bank statements, or lease agreements.
- Proof of Income: You will be required to provide proof of your ability to repay the title loan during your application as well. Many applicants will submit pay stubs or bank statements to prove their income during their inquiry. But, alternative forms of income, such as retirement or disability income, can also be accepted as proof of income.
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID: You can submit a driver’s license, passport, or another valid, government-issued photo identification card during your application.
- Recent Pictures of the Car: To apply for out of state title loans, you will need to undergo a vehicle inspection to verify the value of your car and its current condition. The value of your vehicle and your income are some of the most important factors that will determine your eligibility and loan amount. With ChoiceCash title loans serviced by LoanMart, you can complete an online car inspection by uploading a few pictures of your vehicle during the approval process.
Where Can I Apply for Out of State Title Loans Near Me?
Looking for out of state title loans? It’s easy to type “out of state title loans near me” into the search bar within your web browser. But, you don’t need to leave your home to apply for emergency cash. Applying for a car title loan with an out-of-state car can be simple with ChoiceCash title loans! You can apply for the financial help you need online or over the phone today. Just call 855-422-7402 and see if an out of state title can be used to apply for a title loan in your particular state.
Just visit the ChoiceCash website and fill out a short prequalification form to get started. You can also call a ChoiceCash title loan agent directly at 855-422-7402 to find out if you qualify for instant pre-approval!1